Monday, March 10, 2008

Back on "Launch"

After my excursion to planet Ulōlō, I returned to finally finish off the flying aircraft carrier. Much easier task on the new machine. Ulōlō wasn't hard to do on my old computer, because it was only 2.5K resolution and I grudingly kept it 8-bit. That was ok, since the subject had so much details and hardly any soft gradients.
With "Launch" it's a bit different. It's 16 bit, 3.5K and has a ton of layers. I already had put a lot of work into it, so I didn't want to compromise.

I still have a lot to do on it. Tonight I designed and modelled some anti-aircraft deck guns. I'm pretty happy with them - they will populate the somewhat empty roof of the hangar part of the ship. I hope to finish the painting this week - but don't hold your breath. ;)

I also wanted to give a little shout-out to my girlfriend Glenda: Thank you for always being there for me and for being so supportive. Thank you for helping getting me back on my artistic feet. Thank you for being so understanding and full of encouragement! You truly rock my world!

No comments: