So, during my vacation I spent a lot of time fixing up a 1973 Yamaha XS650. I bought it already chopped into a frisco style bobber, but the finish was pretty hasty in the details and the candy color scheme was not really my taste.
I repainted the tank and fenders into WWI olive drab. I repainted the risers, the chainguard and some other smaller parts black. I installed a Ford Model A brake light. I removed the old, beat up pipes and installed 29" fishtail exhausts. I installed a new mirror and handlebars, a speedometer and added new grips.
I did some refurbishing of the carburetors, installed a new fuel hose and an inline fuel filter.
There are still quite a few things to do - mostly the alternator, which is too old to charge the battery. I'll probably have to get it rewound and install new brushes. Lastly, the fishtail pipes will need some baffles, because, oh boy, are they loud!