Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hello!

Welcome to my attempt to re-enter my creative side! We'll see where this is going and if it's ever going to take off. :)
Basically, the story is this:
I'm a digital artist and am working in visual effects for movies. I used to do a lot of personal work - digital illustration - until five years ago I started suffering from depression. One of the symptoms of depression is that it takes away the joy of doing things that you love.
So I slowly stopped doing my own art. The desire to do it stayed, but the motivation and ability to pull it off, completely faded.
A few months ago, after 1.5 years of therapy, medication and quite a bit of hard work, I finally began emerging from that black hole I'd fallen into. I created this blog to help myself to start painting again. I hope that a little public place will lure me back to being creative.
First I will post the painting attempts of the past years so you can see how badly things went ;) and then, with a little bit of luck, I'll be posting new art.

Wish me luck and welcome to my blog! :)

No comments: